Friday, January 2, 2009

Decision Made

After some long contemplation and debate over names with my husband and others we have finally settled on the name Taylor Marie. Yes, I know...the initials will be TMI and everyone will think we named her after Taylor Swift, but oh well. People will get over it. I think its a cute name for a girl and she will be named after both me and Jason that way. Taylor is also Jason's Granny's maiden name, so there is a little more history to that name than just Jason. I went round and round thinking about using Addison, but after going to the hospital the other day to visit my precious twin nieces and noticing that there was an Addison in the nursery I realized that "Addison" is going to be a very popular name in the next couple years and I didn't want to jump on that bandwagon. It's an adorable name, but we'll let others use it.

Taylor is #10 on the Babycenter.com list of names. It is of English origin and means "Tailor". This is Jason's middle name.

Marie is # 450 on the Babycenter.com list, but I think that's a first name list. If it were a middle name list I'm sure it would be #1! :) It is of Hebrew origin and is a form of "Mary" meaning "bitter". This is my middle name.

So, the verdict is officially....

Taylor Marie Isbell

Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions!!!

4 comments:

Tedder Kids said...

I'm so glad you were finally able to decide! I know you feel so much better!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Taylor Marie is coming soon!! Love the name!!! Love toall of you too. Mom

Caron said...

Very cute name! I'm sure it's a relief to not stress over it anymore! We're excited to meet little Taylor in a few short months!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! I know you are so glad to have that worry out of the way! Taylor Marie is a very sweet name! :)
~Cortney~